Robert J. Fink MD
About Dr Robert J Fink: Chicago Orthopaedic surgeon Dr. Robert Fink does minimally invasive spine surgery. Dr. Fink puts an endoscope in the spine similar to an arthroscope done on the shoulder, elbow, wrist, knee, and ankle where, through a small incision, he is able to remove herniated discs, bulging discs, extruding discs, extruded discs, and also remove some bone from neuroforaminal narrowing.
- Spine: Nonoperative treatment, physical therapy, medication, trigger point injections, lumbar epidural steroid injections. Minimally invasive spine surgery. One of only three doctors that do this in the Chicago area.
- Treatment by removing herniated discs: Protruding discs, extruding discs, bulging discs all with endoscope which is like an arthroscope used in the knee, elbow, shoulder, and wrist.
- Treatment of compression lumbar fractures: All as outpatient surgery I stitch or bandaid afterwards Outpatient surgery
- Hand surgery: All types of hand surgery. Nerve entrapment syndromes, carpal tunnel, cubital tunnel, radial tunnel. Removal of lumps, bumps, ganglion cysts, hand and wrist deformities, old healed fractures, nail deformities, joint replacement, fractures.
Chicago Car Accident Doctor Robert Fink Discusses Injuries and Whiplash
Adjudicative therapies are prescribed to support the benefits of Spinal Decompression therapy. After the program of care is complete, patients return to see the doctor for evaluation and monitoring.
Interesting Facts About Spinal Decompression
Research studies consistently show an incredibly high success rate for pain relief with qualified patients who complete their program of Spinal Decompression care:
- On average, eighty-six percent of patients report immediate resolution of symptoms
- Eighty-four percent remain pain-free 90 days post-treatment
- Use of pain medications is usually completely discontinued or decreased by the patient's MD
- Daily life activities are resumed - things such as work, bathing, dressing, walking, sleeping and activities
Today there is no other treatment or therapy for severe back pain and neck pain caused by damaged discs that is as effective as Spinal Decompression.
Car Accident Doctor Speaks About Trauma
Patients with thoracic predominant scoliosis, in the younger population, it is now possible to perform a minimally invasive thorascopic spinal fusion surgery to help correct their curve, reduce their deformity, and thus reduce the risk of progression of their spinal deformity. The thorascopic approach, while incorporating a selective fusion paradigm, has allowed us to again reduce the patient's post-operative morbidity, operative time, blood loss, and reduced pain management requirements. In my hands, we have found thorascopic scoliosis reconstructive surgery to be an important part of our overall treatment for your younger population who has clear evidence of progressive thoracogenic scoliosis.
Minimally invasive surgery is also a mainstay treatment for patients who have predominant radicular complaints (leg pain) in the presence of a corresponding herniated disc. Options include Microscopic lumbar Discotomy, Microendoscopic Discotomy, and Laser Discectomy. In my hands, this is a quick and safe surgical procedure, resulting in a one-inch incision, 25 to 45 minute operative time, with a 98 percent chance of an excellent outcome in the reduction of the patient's pre-operative, disabling leg pain. All patients, with the exception of the elderly population, are able to be discharged from the hospital within hours of the operative procedure, and are able to return back to most of their pre-surgical activities within one to three weeks.
Dr. Robert Fink, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Chicago, IL. He has 39 years of experience. His specialties include Orthopedic Surgery. He speaks English. Dr. Robert Fink has the following 16 areas of expertise and 1 specialty. An orthopaedic surgeon is a physician who specializes in diagnosis and surgical treatment of injuries and disorders involving the musculoskeletal system, such as hip replacements and arthroscopic knee surgery.
Chicago Orthopedic Surgeon Dr Robert Fink Speaks About Joints
Robert J. Fink, MD is a practicing Orthopedic Surgeon in Chicago, IL. Dr. Fink graduated from Loyola University Chicago Stritch School of Medicine in 1975 and has been in practice for 39 years. He completed a residency at Mount Sinai Medical Center. Dr. Fink is board certified in Orthopaedic Surgery. Dr. Fink also practices at Gold Coast Orthopedic & Spine in Chicago, IL.
The revolutionary technology behind Spinal Decompression makes it possible for a unique and highly specific force to target the specific damaged disc and problem vertebrae in the spine. The decompression force gently stretches the spine where needed, causing negative pressure to develop in the damaged disc. This causes the disc bulge (or herniation) to move off of the injured nerve and retract back into the disc. At the same time, the negative pressure also draws water, oxygen and nutrients back into the disc, restoring and rejuvenating the disc towards a normal height.
Spinal Decompression is unique in that it heals at the source. It is not a temporal fix. It does not mask symptoms. This is true healing. Your pain diminishes as your disc heals.
There are several decompression systems on the market. The DRX9000 is considered by many doctors to be the leading technology in Spinal Decompression.